Methi thepla – Gujarati Masala Roti for weight loss.
Gujarati famous masala roti which is served with lunch and also they take it in night as dinner. This time we prepared masala roti with multigrain wheat flour. Its optional you can also use wheat flour at home. The main ingredient is being kasuri methi and other ingrdients are optional. But each ingredient has its own taste and benefits. In this masala roti many dry ingredients like sesame seeds included it is rich in calcium and also it aids in weight loss. As far as the weight loss is concerned multigrain atta, methi leaves, sesame seeds each has its own benefits in weight loss.
If you have fresh methi leaves at home or any spinach variety you can include in your weight loss rotis. If nothing is there you can simply chop curry leaves and coriander leaves and add fresh curd and knead dough. Make chapatis you will love the texture and flavor as well as the taste of the roti. Coming to weight loss adding chapati to your diet is essential but with different flavors and taste you definitely enjoy your weight loss journey.
I served this Gujarati Masala Roti/ Thepla with onion raita and Garlic pickle and it tastes awesome with the taste. And I forgot to tell about one of the ingredients that is Ajwain/ omam which is included in this roti, a wonderful ingredient for weight loss, digestion and the flaovor itself is amazing. You can also serve this roti with mixed veg salad which also filling during a weight loss diet day.
Check oats Rava idly recipe with Tamil explanation
Check Frankie Roll
Curry Leaves Spiced Dosa
Weight loss Gujarati Roti - Methi Thepla
- 300 gms of wheat flour
- 2 tsp of kasuri methi
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 green chilly chopped
- a pinch of garam masala
- 2 tsp White sesame seeds
- 1/4 th tsp chilly powder
- 1/4 th tsp ajwain
- 1/4 th tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/4 th tsp Amchur powder/ dry mango powder
- Required salt.
- water as required
- Multigrain wheat flour is full of fibre and keeps you full for longer time and helps in weight loss.
- For preparing Masala Gujarati Roti I have taken 300 gms of Multigrain wheat flour.
- Other ingrdients are 2 tsp of kasuri methi, 1/4 tsp coriander powder, 1 green chilly chopped, a pinch of garam masala powder. If you dont have dry kasuri methi you can also add fresh methi leaves or chopped curry leaves or chopped coriander leaves.
- White sesame seeds 2 tsp, 1/4 th tsp chilly powder, 1/4 th tsp ajwain, 1/4 th tsp of turmeric powder, 1/4 th tsp Amchur powder/ dry mango powder and required salt. Adding all the ingredients is up to you. If you wish if you have you can add.
- Add wheat flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the spices and ingredients.
- Mix well till all the spices masalas and salt are combined.
- Add water little by little and knead the dough.
- After kneading the dough. Apply oil all over and rest for 1/2 an hour cover with a lid.
- After 1/2 an hour take a small ball sized dough.
- Dust with flour and roll it out into thin chapathi. You can also add curd while kneading dough. You get even more softer rotis.
- All the chapathis are rolled flat and thin.
- Preheat tawa and cook the masala rotis.
- Once cooked both sides add oil and turn other sides and cook evenly.
- Repeat the same in preparing all the chapathi
- Serve hot with onion raita or pickle. You can also serve with mixed veg salad onion, carrots cucumber with a dash of lime and sprinkle some pepper.
- Weight loss Gujarati Roti is ready to serve.