Mushroom biriyani in pressure cooker
#mushroombiriyani #vegbiriyani #mushroomBiriyanipressurecooker
Mushroom biriyani prepared with basmati rice and button mushrooms with Indian spices. I have prepared this mushroom biriyani in pressure cooker. Let me show you how to prepare mushroom biriyani with seperate and nicely cooked rice. I have added shallots and onions to this biriyani which gives nice taste to this biriyani. And also I have added home made garam masala powder which gave nice taste and flavor to this Biriyani. Adding mint leaves and coriander leaves gives nice flavor to any kind of biriyani. And also adding curd and lemon juice enhances the taste. you can also add any vegetables of your choice along with the mushroom. You can serve this mushrrom biriyani with onion raita. I serve it with a non-veg dish mutton Rogan josh a kashmiri special mutton recipe.
All types of edible mushrooms contain varying degrees of protein and fibre. They also contain B vitamins as well as a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps to support the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues.
In particular, white button mushrooms are one of the few non-animal sources of vitamin D. When they are grown, whether indoor or outdoor, they are exposed to UV light which increases their concentration of vitamin D.
Mushrooms are being increasingly researched and used for their important health benefits with different varieties having different medicinal properties.
Other mushroom recipes
Homemade garam masala powder
Hyderabadi style mutton Dum Biriyani
Spicy and tasty Egg Biriyani
Mushroom Biriyani in Pressure cooker
- 4 glass Basmati Rice / பாசுமதி அரிசி
- 1 Spices Bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilly
- 300 gms Shallots / சிறிய வெங்காயம் peeled and chopped
- Mushroom 200 gms wiped in kitchen cloth and cut into halves
- 1 tbsp Curd / தயிர்
- Fresh mint leaves handfull
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- Basmati Rice 4 glass washed and soaked in water for 30 mins. Keep all other ingredients ready. In a kadai add 2-3 tsp oil.
- Add all the spices bay leaf, cloves, cardamon, cinnamon and star anise.
- Add shallots and saute well, Adding more onions gives nice taste to the biriyani.
- Add green chilly and add a tsp of ginger garlic paste saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add required salt and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till tomatoes become mushy.
- Add a tsp of red chilly powder, a tsp coriander powder and mix well till the masala is well combined.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala powder.
- Add handfull of fresh mint leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
- Adding curd and mix well.
- Add cut mushrooms and saute it till leaves some water.
- Mix well till mushroom leaves water.
- Add 6 glass of water for 4 glass rice 1:1 and 1/2 ratio of rice and water. Add a tsp of lemon juice.
- Allow it to boil well. Add soaked rice now. Mix well and check for salt, the water should be little saltier.
- After the rice is almost cooked and there was little water transfer to a vessel.
- Keep inside a pressure cooker, cover with a lid and cook for 1 whistle.
- Open and check after 1 whistle and pressure subsides completely.
- It has nicely cooked and the grains are seperate. Mushroom biriayni is ready to serve. Serve with raita.