Andhra style chicken fry – One of the unique & delicious Spicy Chicken fry made in Andhra Pradesh. This dish is popularly known as Kodi Vepudu. Kodi means Chicken and Vepudu means Fry. It is simple and easy to prepare with our Indian spices. This recipe can be served with dosa, chapathi or steamed rice. Chicken vepudu is a spicy recipe of Andhra you can adjust the spice level accordingly.
Chicken vepudu has different variations while preparing the recipe. Some people use chicken pieces with bones some use only the chicken flesh pieces for preparing chicken vepudu. Some marinate chicken before frying which also gives nice taste and they slow cook the chicken after marination.
Andhra Chicken Vepudu
- 250 gms chicken
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 2 big green chilly
- chopped curry leaves
- and coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Took 250 gms chicken cleaned and washed well in water. Took fleshy pieces we are going to cook this first.
- 2 finely chopped onion, 2 big green chilly, chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp fennel powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp chilly powder.
- Let us first add the chicken pieces to a pan or kadai and cook. Chicken leaves some water and that water is enough for cooking chicken. If needed sprinkle little water and cook chicken.
- Cook well for a minimum of 10 mins to cook chicken. Once done drain excess water and transfer to a plate and cool down a bit. Once cooled down shred chicken flesh and discard the bones.
- Shredded chicken pieces are ready let us now start making the recipe. In a clay pot add 2-3 tsp sesame oil.
- Add a tsp of fennel , green chilly, curry leaves and chopped onion.
- Saute till onions are nice brown color
- Sesaon it with salt
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Add fennel, cumin and coriander powder
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well
- Add 1 tsp of red chilly powder
- Add shredded chicken pieces
- Keep in low flame and mix well. Saute till the raw smell of masala goes well and the masala coats the chicken.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves. Do not burn the bottom keep in low flame and fry till minimum of 7-8 mins in oil.
- Once done garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves and serve hot. Andhra chicken curry is ready now
Check other Chicken recipes
About Chicken Do Pyaaza Recipe: A scrumptious north Indian chicken recipe, Chicken Do Pyaaza is a delight for chicken lovers!. This recipe is from mughals and Persian cuisine. Marinated chicken chunks cooked in a variety of spices, yogurt and kasoori methi. This dish is bursting with aromatic flavours and a beautiful, creamy gravy. This recipe is an easy and any one can make in just about an hour. A delicious dish to prepare for a dinner party and special occasions or just a casual dinner at home with friends.
Ramzan Special Ambur chicken Biriyani recipe in Tamil | One Pot Ambur Chicken biriyani – Ramadan Ambur Biryani: The South Indian Twist from the Kitchen of the Nawabs
Hariyali Grilled chicken is a famous north Indian dish in the Punjab region. This chicken recipes is also called as green chicken. As it is marinated in fresh green chutney. Mint leaves coriander leaves green chilly as the main ingredients.
How to make Chicken samosa recipe in Tamil – evening snacks – Ramzan special snacks recipe
Malabar Chicken curry recipe
Hariyali Chicken | Green chicken recipe | North Indian Style Chicken Curry | Sidedish for roti, naan