Vegetable pulao for kids with mixed vegetables. Your kid gets all benefits of vegetables like carrots, potatoes and peas. Just one cup of peas contain 44% of your Vitamin K which helps to anchor calcium inside the bones. It’s B vitamins also help to prevent osteoporosis. So peas are good for your growing kids bones and supports a healthy immune system. Carrots and good source of vitamin A and good for your kids eyesight. Potatoes are rich source of carbohydrate and it’s good for a growing body. Henceforth it’s a good wholesome food for your kids lunch box.
Share my recipe
Vegetable pulao for kids | healthy lunch box ideas
- 2 Onion / வெங்காயம் Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots Chopped
- 1 Cup Potato Chopped
- 1 Cup Peas
- 3 Tsp Ginger garlic paste / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்
- 2 Green Chilly / பச்சை மிளகாய்
- 2 Tsp Ghee / நெய்
- 2 Glass Rice / அரிசி
- 5 Glass Water 2 and 1/2 for each glass rice
- Chop all veggies
- Grind ginger and garlic to fine paste
- In a pan add 2 tsp ghee
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Add 2 green chilly cut lengthwise
- Add few curry leaves
- Add 2 onion chopped
- Add ginger garlic paste
- Add fresh peas and saute
- Add chopped carrots
- Add chopped potato. You can add veg of your kids choice.
- Add 2 glass rice soaked for 1/2 an hour.
- Add 5 glass water totally. For each glass rice 2 and 1/2 glass water. Allow to boil and check for salt.
- Transfer to a vessel to pressure cook.
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Once the pressure subsides open and serve.
- Healthy and quick vegetable pulao is ready to serve.