Spicy Gobi gravy prepared by my hubby and this recipe goes well with chapati, Roti, Naan or any variety rice, Pulao varieties etc. Gobi gravy has different variations. Today we prepared it with by preparing a masala paste. Masala paste with spices like fennel cumin khus khus along with onions and tomatoes. The gravy is very spicy and tasty you can adjust the spice level according to your taste. Easy and simple method of doing this gravy. You can try this gravy and have it with chapathi for weight loss too. This gravy can be made in a minimum time of 20 mins. This same procedure can be followed for making for any gravy varieties like potatoes with peas, mushroom or mixed veg of your choice.
Spicy Gobi masala gravy
Cauliflower is an extremely healthy vegetable that’s a significant source of nutrients and high in fibre. It also contains unique plant compounds that may reduce the risk of several diseases, including heart disease and cancer. It also contains Antioxidants which protect your cells from harmful free radicals and inflammation. Additionally, it’s weight loss friendly and incredibly easy to add to your diet and shed your pounds.
Cauliflower can be used in many recipes like fry, gravy, kurma, Pulao varieties, Veg biriyani etc.
Check other recipes
Gobi Manchurian Gravy
Gobi Masala fried rice
Spicy Gobi Gravy
- 250 gms Cauliflower Cooked well
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 Green Chilly / பச்சை மிளகாய்
- Chopped coriander leaves
- fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds / பெருஞ்சீரகம்
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / சீரகம்
- 1 tsp Khus khus
- 1/2 tsp Pepper corns / மிளகு
- 1 tsp red chilly powder and
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / மல்லித்தூள்
- Clean cauliflower and cut into florets and cook in water with turmeric powder. This get rid off worms and insects and clean from dust particles too.
- Keep all ingredients ready. Chop onion and tomatoes, Chop green chilly, Prepare ginger and garlic paste. Chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- First let us prepare a masala paste. In a pan add 2 tsp oil
- Add all the dry ingredients, fennel cumin pepper khus khus and pepper
- Saute well in oil for 2 mins
- Add chopped onions and saute well till light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and curry leaves
- Saute till tomatoes become mushy. Once done, switch off and cool down completely.
- Add it to a mixie jar and grind to smooth paste. no need to add water.
- Ground paste is ready keep aside.
- Add 2-3 tsp of oil in a pan or kadai to prepare gravy.
- Add a tsp of mustard seeds and green chilly saute well.
- Add ginger garlic paste saute till raw smell goes off.
- Add cooked cauliflower florets. Saute in oil for few mins.
- Add ground masala paste. Mix well till combine.
- Add enough water for the gravy to cook.
- Add required salt for the gravy and mix well.
- Add chilly powder and coriander powder, adjust spice level accordingly.
- Mix well and allow to boil well. and the gravy reduces.
- The gravy has thickened and the cauliflower is nicely cooked in the gravy. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chapathi/Roti etc.
- Gobi Gravy is ready serve hot.