Grilled pineapple on a Grill pan – BBQ style
#grilledpineapple #bbqstylespicypineapple #grilledpineapplecinnamon #pineapplestarter
Grilled pineapple one of my favorite starter. I came to know about this recipe when I went to a team lunch with my colleagues to a BBQ restaurant. I was really amazed by the taste of the recipe. But the taste was a mixture of spicy some tangy and some sweet when trying to know the different flavors from many cooking site. Finally I came out with a flavor of my choice and taste. The main ingredients I have added is cinnamon, cumin, amchur powder and kashmiri chilly powder. Sprinkling some sugar while frying enhances the taste more. Please do try this recipe and post comments.
Spicy Grilled Pineapple
- 1 pineapple cut into round thick pieces 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch rings
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri chilly powder
- 1 tsp required salt
- required sugar
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- Add 1/4 tsp cumin powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder to the bowl.
- Add 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder.
- Add 2 tsp kashmiri chilly powder
- Add 1 tsp required salt
- Mix well thoroughly till it bind well.
- Peel the skin of pineapple completely. And remove the inner stem and cut into thick round pieces as shown in the image. Apply the masala all over the pieces of pineapple.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 an hour. After 1/2 an hour let us fry the pineapple pieces in a grill pan.
- In a grill pan add a tsp of butter. And place the marinated pineapple pieces on the grill pan.
- Sprinkle a tsp of sugar on top of each side.
- Fry in medium heat till a smoky flavor and grilled properly.
- Once grilled both sides transfer to a plate and serve hot.
- Spicy tangy and sweet grilled pineapple is ready.