#KFCchicken #KFCFriedChicken #FriedChicken
Homemade KFC chicken. After many trial and error finally we got a perfect and tasty KFC style fried chicken with some Indian spices and seasonings. Perfect wavy layers is achieved by coating the chicken pieces well with the flour. And also we added spices to suit our Indians taste.
Some history of KFC Chicken :
KFC’s original product is pressure-fried chicken pieces, seasoned with Sanders’ recipe of 11 herbs and spices.The constituents of the recipe are a trade secret. Larger portions of fried chicken are served in a cardboard “bucket”, which has become a feature of the chain since it was first introduced by franchisee Pete Harman in 1957. Since the early-1990s, KFC has expanded its menu to offer other chicken products such as chicken fillet sandwiches and wraps, as well as salads and side dishes such as French fries and coleslaw, desserts, and soft drinks; the latter often supplied by PepsiCo. KFC is known for its slogans “It’s Finger Lickin’ Good!”, “Nobody does chicken like KFC”, and “So good”.
Source : Wikipedia
Perfectly cooked chicken pieces with crispy and wavy layers outside. Served it with tomato sauce you can also serve with mayonnaise. Necessary kitchen utensils required is kitchen holder/pakkad for your convenience, Grill or wired rack to keep the fried chicken pieces before serving. Below in the instructions part I have given a detailed step by step recipe pictures for preparing this KFC chicken. Below am sharing the video of the KFC chicken check the way I am demonstrating in the video. Please do try and share comments and feedback.
Check other chicken recipes:
Chicken 65 recipe
Dragon chicken recipe
Chicken Tikka masala Gravy
Finger licking KFC Chicken
- 500 gms chicken leg pieces with skin
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / மஞ்சள் தூள்
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 3 tsp Curd / தயிர்
For frying and coating
- 1 cup Maida or as required for coating
- 1/2 cup Corn flour / சோள மாவு or as required for coating
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chilly Powder / மிளகாய் தூள்
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 750 ml ice water
- Took chicken leg pieces with skin. Select small or medium leg pieces. Washed thoroughly in water and drained completely.
- For marination to the cleaned chicken pieces adding a tsp of red chilly powder for spice.
- Adding 1/2 tsp of pepper powder for taste and flavor.
- Adding 1/2 tsp turmeric powder this avoids raw smell of the chicken.
- To this add required salt.
- Add 1 tsp vinegar you can also add lemon juice if you don't have vinegar at home.
- Add a tsp of tomato sauce you can also add tomato puree 2 tsp.
- Add a tsp of soya sauce.
- Add a tsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- Add 3 tsp of curd this makes chicken soft. Mix everything well till combined.
- Now we are going to marinate the chicken pieces for 4 hours in refrigerator. Cover and keep in a air tight container.
- For chicken outer coating. To a bowl adding 1 cup maida.
- Adding 1/2 cup corn flour. Take required flour later if required.
- To the flour adding 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp chilly powder.
- Add salt required for the flour and mix well.
- Chicken got marinated well. Now take a marinated piece and coat with flour and keep aside.
- This is the first coating with flour. Make sure that the flour is coated well.
- Repeat with all the pieces and keep in a plate. We need to make a second coating on the chicken pieces.
- Check the layers on the chicken pieces. Now the pieces are ready do not leave for long time as it will absorb all the flour.
- Immediately sieve the flour to take away wet dough inside. Discard it away.
- For second coating, In a large bowl take ice water, we need to dip the chicken pieces in this water for making outer wavy crispy layers.
- Meanwhile add oil in a pan or kadai and preheat before making a second coating. As we need to fry immediately after the second coating.
- Take a chicken piece and dip in ice water for 30 secs. Use a kitchen holder / pakkad for convenience. Gently dip in ice water and take away to dust flour again.
- Take away and again coat with the sieved flour.
- Coat with flour to cover all over the chicken pieces and dust gently. Rub gently to get the wavy layers.
- Check the layers on the chicken pieces.
- Immediately after the second coat we need to fry in oil. Make sure the oil is in right temperatur.
- Second coat only gives a nice wavy layer.
- Check the oil is in medium temperature and drop the chicken piece gently. Immediatley after dropping in oil hold in vertical position for a sec. Fry for almost 5-7 mins till the chicken is nicely cooked inside.
- This gives nice crispy waves like layers. Once done remove gently from oil, drain excess oil and keep on a wired rack. This prevents chicken from getting soggy.
- Repeat making a second coat for other pieces. And fry all the pieces one by one.
- Enjoy the KFC style crispy fried chicken with your family with a tomato sauce.
- Spicy, crispy and yummy fried chicken. You can also serve with mayonnaise.
Check other Chicken recipes
About Chicken Do Pyaaza Recipe: A scrumptious north Indian chicken recipe, Chicken Do Pyaaza is a delight for chicken lovers!. This recipe is from mughals and Persian cuisine. Marinated chicken chunks cooked in a variety of spices, yogurt and kasoori methi. This dish is bursting with aromatic flavours and a beautiful, creamy gravy. This recipe is an easy and any one can make in just about an hour. A delicious dish to prepare for a dinner party and special occasions or just a casual dinner at home with friends.
Ramzan Special Ambur chicken Biriyani recipe in Tamil | One Pot Ambur Chicken biriyani – Ramadan Ambur Biryani: The South Indian Twist from the Kitchen of the Nawabs
Hariyali Grilled chicken is a famous north Indian dish in the Punjab region. This chicken recipes is also called as green chicken. As it is marinated in fresh green chutney. Mint leaves coriander leaves green chilly as the main ingredients.
How to make Chicken samosa recipe in Tamil – evening snacks – Ramzan special snacks recipe
Malabar Chicken curry recipe
Hariyali Chicken | Green chicken recipe | North Indian Style Chicken Curry | Sidedish for roti, naan