Hello friends, Welcome to my blog. Today’s post is all about a South Indian tea time snacks recipe masala vadai. Paruppu vadai all over Tamil Nadu has different variations some add Spices like cinnamon, cloves some don’t add any spices. Adding mint leaves is also optional. In most of the tea shops they grind all spices like fennel, cinnamon, cloves, mint leaves along with red chilly or green chilly and make tasty vadas. It has a nice flavor and also taste. Please do try this recipe and post your feedback.
மொறுமொறு மசால் வடை - Masala Vadai - Paruppu vadai - tea time evening snacks recipe
- Channa dal 200g soaked
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped green chilly
- 4-5 red chilly
- 1 tsp fennel
- 3-4 chopped garlic
- chopped curry leaves/ coriander leaves
- 1 clove
- small cinnamon
- Salt a required
- Soak channa dal for 4-5 hours. Chop 1 onion, 1 green chilly, chop curry leaves and coriander leaves. chop garlic. Keep all ingredients ready.
- Add red chilly and fennel to a mixie jar grind to coarse mixture. Now add soaked channa dal to the mixie. Keep a hand full of soaked channa dal seperately to mix later. Grind to coarse mixture.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl add the soaked channa dal now. Add chopped onion and green chilly to the bowl. Add chopped curry leaves/coriander leaves. Add required salt and mix well.
- Make balls out of the mixture and flatten between palms and keep in a plate. Preheat oil in a kadai to fry the masala vada. Check the temperature of oil. Add the vada one by one to the oil and fry in batches.
- After adding the vada to the oil keep in low to medium flame and fry both sides. Fry till the vada is brown and crisp. Drain excess oil and transfer to a plate with tissue or kitchen towel.
- Fry all the vada in batches. Masala vada is ready now serve hot with a tea/ coffee.
Check other tea time snacks recipe
Sambhar Vadai recipe in Tamil | Breakfast recipe | evening tiffin recipe | south indian cuisine
Medu vada made with urad dal and soaked in a spicy and tasty sambhar a wonderful tiffin and evening breakfast recipe.
Onion bonda recipe in Tamil | Vengaya bonda | evening snacks recipe | tea time snacks Onion bonda recipe the best tea time snacks recipe in Tamil.
Masala Verkadalai recipe in Tamil | Masala peanuts tea time evening snacks | chinthamani verkadalai
Masala bonda or potato stuffed bonda is a wonderful tea time snacks recipe. Spicy potato masala inside with a thick layer of besan flour batter outside with the south indian touch. The aloo bonda or masala bonda is my all time favorite snacks. I used to have this masala bonda in my office caffeteria and thought to post recipe of masala bonda in my channel.