Ambur veg biriyani recipe in Tamil - சீரக சம்பா
Ambur veg biriyani this is a vegetarian version of the famous biryani from Ambur. Ambur is a town in the Vellore district of Tamil Nadu and its biryani is very famous. I have used seeraga samba rice for making this biriyani, If possible use seeraga samba rice to make Ambur biryani. It brings out the real flavor. If you do not have seeraga samba rice, then use any medium or short grained rice but do not use basmati rice. Basmati rice won’t work well in the recipe. Seraga samba rice has its own flavor and while cooking with masalas and other Indian spices it tastes really good.
- 2 cups seeraga samba rice
- 3 cups water
- 100g potatoes, 100g carrots, 100g beans and 50g peas Mixed vegetables of your choice
- 50 g Soya chunks
- 4-5 red chilly
- 2 tsp oil 1 tsp ghee
- bay leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, 4-5 cloves, 3 cardamom Spices
- 2 lengthwise chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- handfull coriander leaves and mint leaves
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Wash and soak seeraga samba rice in water for half an hour. Wash all the vegetables and chop. In this biriyani I have used 100g potatoes, 100g carrots, 100g beans and 50g peas, Along with soya chunks or meal maker.
- Add the meal maker to a cooking vessel along with water and cook in high heat for 2 mins. Drain and wash in plain water. Squeeze extra water and I marinated with turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt.
- Soak 4-5 red chilly in hot water and grind in mixie to form a thick paste. In ambur style biriyani this ground chilly paste is only added and no chilly powder or coriander powder.
- In a kadai add 2 tsp oil 1 tsp ghee. Add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, 4-5 cloves, 3 cardamom. Add 2 lengthwise chopped onion saute well in oil.
- Add 1 tsp of freshly ground red chilly paste. Add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste .Add 2 chopped tomatoes. Add 1 tsp salt and mix well. Once the tomatoes are mushy add chopped vegetables.
- Add chopped potatoes, beans, carrots and peas and mix well. Add handfull coriander leaves and mint leaves. Add soya chunks cooked and marinated with turmeric and chilly powder. Add 2 tbsp curd and mix well.
- Add 3 glass of water for 2 glass rice. Rice : water - 1 : 1 and 1/2. Add 1/2 tsp garam masala powder. Once water starts boiling add soaked seeraga samba rice.
- Squeeze lemon and allow to cook. Once the rice is almost cooked, transfer to a vessel and pressure cook. Pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame. After the pressure subsides open and check. Serve hot with onion raita.
Check other Biriyani recipes
Suraikai biryani recipe in Tamil | Bottle gourd biryani recipe | Lauki biryani - Cookingmypassion
Ambur veg biriyani recipe in Tamil | சீரக சம்பா | Seeraga Samba veg biriyani recipe in Tamil
Diwali special |White Mutton Biriyani recipe in Tamil | Deepavalli guest lunch ideas | mutton pulao
Ramzan Special Ambur chicken Dum Biriyani recipe in Tamil | One Pot Ambur Chicken biriyani - Ramadan
Ramzan special breakfast dinner | mutton keema godhumai ravai briyani - Diabetes breakfast recipe
Ramzan special mutton dum biriyani - Eid special | Bakrid mutton biriyani | Ramzan recipes
Biriyani Kathirikkai recipe in Tamil | Brinjal gravy sidedish for Biriyani | Eggplant gravy
வஞ்சரம் மீன் பிரியாணி | Trending Vanjaram Meen Biryani recipe - How to make perfect fish briyani
நச்சுன்னு நாட்டு கோழி பிரியாணி - Naatu kozhi biriyani
Mushroom Biriyani - pressure cooker method in Tamil
White Veg Biryani recipe in Tamil | White Veg Dum Biryani Recipe | Guest lunch ideas
Spicy Egg biriyani - muttai biriyani - yummy biriyani
Naatu kozhi biriyani | chettinad mutton gravy | biriyani kathirikkai recipe | Diwali lunch menu
Diwali special | Bamboo Dum Biriyani in Tamil | Moongil biriyani | multi nonveg biriyani | Ramzan
Ambur mutton biriyani | aromatic seeraga samba mutton biriyani | Diwali special mutton biriyani