Home made rose syrup recipe
This rose syrup is prepared with pink rose and with equal parts of water and sugar. Rose syrup can be used in various sweets and desserts. You can use it in Falooda, kulfi, sweets, waffles, milk shakes and other soft drinks.
It produces a beautifully vibrant tart floral concoction, particularly if you add a little lemon juice. But I have not added lemon juice in this syrup. You can use rose syrup in preserves, baking or drizzled over ice-cream. Whip up some dairy cream or cashew cream with a touch of rose syrup.
Is Rose syrup healthy?
It is rich in flavanoids and antioxidants. It contains an excellent relaxing agents which soothes nerves and very good for our digestive system. Rose syrup is a cool and refreshing summer drink made with dried rose petals, cardamom powder (optional) and rose essence.
Check making video of Rose syrup
Homemade rose syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh rose petals/ dried rose petals
- 1tsp rose essence
- In wide bottomed pan add water 2 cups
- Add 2 cups sugar. Water to sugar ratio 1:1
- Stir well after adding sugar till it dissolves
- Once it starts rolling boil keep in low flame.
- Add 1 cups fresh rose petals preferably pink rose. Rich in fragrance and sweet.
- Boil in low flame for 7-8 mins and switch off.
- After switching off add 1 tsp of rose essence. This gives nice color and flavor.
- Rest for 1 hour or till the syrup cools down.
- After 1 hour strain the rose syrup.
- With a spoon press well to get the essence of petals
- Once cooled down store in air tight jar. Can store upto 1 month in fridge.
- Rich in fragrance and taste - Rose syrup
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.