Crispy and tasty sooji jamun prepared during this Christmas season for my daughter. She liked this sweet very much and also it’s very easy to prepare. I prepared it using only rava, sugar, milk and oil.
Check my other Christmas recipes http://cookingmypassion.com/category/christmas-recipes
Crispy sooji jamun
- 1 Cup Rava
- 2 Glass Boiled Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar / சர்க்கரை
- Oil for frying
- Take a small cup rava we are going to add milk and knead so it will become double the amount plan accordingly.
- Take 1 or 1 and 1/2 cup sugar for making sugar syrup.
- Add sooji or rava in a pan and dry roast in low flame.
- The rava should be toasted well.
- Add milk little by little and mix. The rava absorbs milk completely.
- Switch off in 2 mins and transfer to another bowl to knead the dough.
- Add milk if need I have added 1 and 1/2 glass milk. Mix with a spoon.
- Once it is warm enough knead by hands. Keep away for 15 mins.
- Now let us make sugar syrup. Add 1 cup sugar and 1 glass water. Allow to boil till 1/2 string consistency.
- Switch off.
- Now make small balls out of the knead dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai. And before dropping the rava balls keep in low flame.
- Drop balls in batches and cook till golden brown.
- Once its cooked take from oil and drop in sugar syrup.
- Keep for few mins and serve hot.
- Kids favorite and quick sweet sooji balls.
- I prepared this for my daughter during this year Christmas season.