Spot Idli Recipe - Unique & Crispy Hyderabadi Recipe using Idly batter
Spot Idly Recipe Hyderabad style | Spot Idly on TawaSpot Idly recipe is mostly common in Hyderabad / Karnataka as a street food and people love this recipe a lot. I have made this recipe in a quick and easy way and it does not need Idly pot. It is instant Idly recipe that is cooked directly on pan or tawa that is why this recipe is called as Spot Idly.Idly is a perfect south Indian dish which is widely popular in different states of India. So today we will make variation of their classical dish but in Hyderabadi style, let’s make the ever so famous Hyderabad’s unique and crispy Spot Idly .
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- fresh curry leaves
- chopped 1 onion
- chopped 2 tomato
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Idly batter
- Idly powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- For making spot idly recipe we need idly batter.
- Place a tawa or a pan on the stove add 2 tsp oil and add 1/4 tsp mustard seeds and 1/4 tsp urad dal add fresh curry leaves and mix.
- Add finely chopped one onion and saute well till transparent. Now add finely chopped 2 tomatoes and mix. Add required salt and 1 tbsp butter for the masala. Butter gives nice taste and flavor to this recipe. Make note we have already salt in the idly batter.
- Add 1/2 tsp chilly powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp cumin powder. mix and cook the masalas really well.
- Now divide the masala in equal portions in the tawa itself and gently flatten the masala. Keep the stove in low flame before adding idly batter on top of it.
- Recipe making video is also share watch the video for any clarification.
- Now take 1/2 laddle of idly batter and pour it on the masala as a idly shape. add more oil or butter. Sprinkle some idly powder on top of the idly and add some chopped coriander leaves.
- Make sure the stove is on low flame as we need to cook the idly for atleast 7-8 mins.
- Cover and cook well. after 7 mins open the lid and flip over gently. finally add butter and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chutney.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.