Red chilly flakes definitely saves you time while cooking. You can not only use it as a pizza top-up or for seasonings you can also use it while preparing any veg curries or non veg masalas etc. You can also use it while tempering.
The secret behind a perfect red chilly flakes is you have to roast it well till the red chilly is crisp enough to make a sound while breaking it. If it’s get bent while trying to break the red chilly is not ready to grind. Make sure the red chilly is roast to crisp. Before adding it to mixie roughly break them to pieces and do a pulse mode in mixie. Do not grind it becomes red chilly powder lol.
Red chilly flakes
- Take about 50-100 gms of red chilly remove the stem
- Add it to a pan and dry roast
- Roast till the red chilly is crisp. It takes around 10 - 15 mins in low flame.
- Check whether the chilly is ready by breaking it into halves you hear a sound.
- Cool down and add it to mixie jar. While adding in mixie jar also you can roughly break the chillies and then add.
- Do not grind them jus do a pulse mode.
- Transfer to a plate cool completely. And store it in a box.
- Red chilly flakes is ready. You can use it not only as a pizza top-up. You can also use it for making curries and for tempering.