Ragi phulka Roti | Soft Ragi chapati
Ragi - Finger millets has enormous health benefits and we just need to include in our daily diet as much as possible. Today I am going to show you how to make ragi roti with no or less oil. You will get a soft and fluffy ragi roti. You can serve this roti with any spicy gravy of your choice. I served with capsicum, egg masala with lots of onions.Ragi has a low glycemic index and is high in dietary fiber. It improves digestion, helps in controlling diabetes, and aids in weight loss. It is a rich source of iron, calcium, Vitamin D, and amino acid. It helps in battling anemia and also anxiety and insomnia.
- Ragi flour 200g
- Water 450 ml
- oil 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- Firstly to make ragi roti, lets cook the ragi flour. For cooking the ragi flour we add water and cook. The ragi to water ratio to cook is 1 : 1 and 1/4. I took 200gms of ragi flour for that I have added 450 ml water.
- In a pan add 450 ml water and a tsp of oil and required salt and allow to boil well.
- Once it comes to rolling boil add the ragi flour little by little and mix well. It forms an mass and non sticky dough. switch off and cover and keep for some time.
- After some time wet your hands and start kneading the dough. Make balls out of the dough and cover and keep.
- Start rolling out rotis from it, dust ragi flour and make medium thin rotis.
- Preheat tawa and cook the rotis. once it cooked both side press with a kicthen cloth to get a fluffy phulkas.
- You can add oil /ghee/butter if required. Serve hot with any spicy gravy.
Make sure you add correct quantity of water for the taken ragi flour. You can also sieve the ragi flour for any impurities. Ragi : water ratio 1:1&1/4 Knead dough while its still warm by wetting your hands in water. As the ragi dough will be sticky. Dust enough flour while rolling out roti. Make thin as possible so that you get nice fluffy roti.
Check all millets recipes & Traditional rice recipes
தினை அரிசி காய்கறி பிரியாணி | Thinai arisi veg briyani | Foxtail millets veg biriyani recipe
Thinai arisi veg briyani - millets briyani #shorts #weightloss #weightlossjourney #milletsrecipe
Uyarthinai high quality millets restaurant - tasty millets foods #shorts #milletsfoodideas #millets
Healthy snacks box ideas for school | Kids snacks box recipe | Healthy ladoo recipe with dry nuts
kids snacks box ideas - ragi ladoo with dry nuts #shorts #snacks #kidssnacksideas #kidsfavorite
பனிவரகு அரிசி சாம்பார் சாதம் | Proso Millet sambhar rice | millets lunch ideas | millets varietyrice
Ragi malt recipe without milk in Tamil | Ragi porridge recipe | Ragi kanji | finger millet recipe
பாரம்பரிய அரிசியில் செய்த இட்லி | Trending Traditional rice idly for weight loss,control blood sugar
Ramzan special breakfast dinner | mutton keema godhumai ravai briyani - Diabetes breakfast recipe
Little millets venpongal #shorts saamai arisi pongal with meduvada, sambar and chutneys
Diabetes Breakfast recipe | Godhumai rava upma recipe | Gestational Diabetes breakfast | weight loss
Foxtail Millet Idli Recipe | Healthy Indian Diabetic Idli Recipe | Little millets for breakfast
Ragi and drumstick leaves adai shorts - healthy diabetic friendly breakfast recipe - weight loss
திணை அரிசி வெண்பொங்கல் | Fox Tail millet venpongal | Breakfast recipe | Diabetic friendly #cooking
தினை அரிசி பொங்கல் - foxtail millet pongal recipe #breakfast #cookingmypassion
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.