Hello Friends Welcome to cookingmypassion.com. In todays post am going to share how to prepare soft and spongy paneer jamun. Step by step instructions included with a making video. Please do check the recipe and try it at your home and share your feedback with me. I would always love to hear from you. This special paneer jamun is called in other names as Rose Jamun, Pink Rasagulla etc. As the base of the sweet is the paneer made from curdling the milk. Very easy and anyone can try and do it in the very first attempt. You can make this recipe in any special day or any occasions like Diwali, New year etc. Even the beginners can make a perfect soft and spongy paneer jamun by following my instructions. Check the tips and tricks provided.
Paneer jamun recipe in Tamil | Pink rasagulla | Rose jamun | Soft and spongy paneer jamun
- Wide bottomed pan
- Kitchen cloth
- 1 litre Full fat milk
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Rose essence
- 200 g Sugar measure in a cup
- 200 ml water
- Heat milk in the thick-bottomed pan without adding any water. Use full fat milk.
- Bring the milk to boil in medium flame. Once the milk boils, add 2 tsp Vinegar and keep stirring.
- Milk will start to curdle and keep stirring in medium flame without burning. If milk doesn’t curdle you can add some more vinegar / lemon juice / curdkeep stirring till the milk is fully curdled and water is separated.
- Place a kitchen cloth in a sieve and drain the curdled milk. Discard the water
- Wash with cold water to easily handle and squeeze the excess water. Bring together the cloth and allow it to hang to remove excess water for half an hour. Squeeze in between to remove excess water.
- Now in the meanwhile lets make sugar syrup. Add 200g say 1 cup sugar to a pan add 1.5 cup water to the pan and allow to boil. Once the sugar dissolves and make a sticky syrup switch off and keep aside.
- After half an hour take the Chenna, Knead for 8-10 minutes till Chenna is soft and smooth.
- Now add 1-2 tsp of rose essence or pink food color to get nice color and flavor to the pink jamun or rose jamun knead well again. Shape them as small cylindrical balls.
- Now switch on the stove with syrup when it starts bubble add the prepared jamun to it. Cook for 10 mins in high heat and keep covered.
- After 10 mins open the lid and check the size got doubled. This is the good sign that the jamuns are cooked well. Switch off the heat. If you have not added rose essence while making jamuns add it in the syrup once you turn off the stove.
- Soft and spongy paneer jamun is ready. Allow it to cool completely and let it sit for 3 hours, refrigerate and serve them.