Prawn Rice recipe – இறால் சோறு
This recipe is not a fried rice kind of recipe nor a prawn biryani but a south indian style spicy instant prawn rice which can be done in a minimum of 15 mins. The method of preparing this prawn rice is very easy, first I cooked the rice then prepared a spicy prawn masala and mixed together for a nice taste added more onions. I took almost 2 glass of basmati rice and soaked for 30 mins then later cooked the rice with some spices like bay leaves, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves some salt to taste. Along with that I have added 1 tsp oil, you can also add ghee to enhance the flavor and taste. And the most important thing is cooking rice to 98% so that its not mushy and the grains are seperate while mixing. Prepare the prawn masala little spicy so that it tastes good when mixed up with rice. You can follow the same method in preparing chicken rice, fish rice etc.
#prawns, #seafood, #food, #foodie, #shrimp, #yummy, #delicious, #shrimps,
#spicy, #prawncurry, #homecooked, #kingprawns
Red Snapper fish fry
- 2 glass Basmati Rice / பாசுமதி அரிசி
- Spices bay leaves, cardamom, star anise, Cinnamon, 3 cloves
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 kg Prawns
- 2-3 big Onions / வெங்காயம் chopped lengthwise
- 1 tsp Ginger / இஞ்சி finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic / பூண்டு finely chopped
- few Curry Leaves / கறிவேப்பிலை
- 2 tsp Chilly Powder / மிளகாய் தூள்
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder / மல்லித்தூள்
- 1 small tomato
- required Salt
- Soaked 2 glass of basmati rice for 1/2 an hour. First let us cook rice, Boil 10 glass of water in a open vessel, along with 2 bay leaves, cardamom, star anise.
- Cinnamon, 3 cloves, a tsp of oil or ghee and required salt
- You can also add ghee if required.
- Add required salt so that rice will tastes good.
- After the water starts boiling add soaked basmati rice to the boiling water.
- Mix well and allow to cook
- Check in between if its 98% done, switch off and drain excess water
- Once the water is completely drained, transfer to a plate or mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- So that rice is seperate and non sticky
- Took 1 kg of cleaned prawns, washed and drained completely
- Add to a pan or pot and cook in its own juice
- Cook till prawn leaves water and shrinks well. Once its done transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan add 2-3 tsp of sesame oil. sesame oil gives nice taste to the recipe
- Add finely chopped ginger and garlic saute well
- Along with it add lengthwise chopped 2 onion. You can also add more onions if required it gives nice taste.
- Add required salt and curry leaves.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tsp chilly powder and 1-2 tsp coriander powder
- Mix well do not burn them. Keep in medium flame.
- Add chopped 1 tomato its optional.
- After the masala is saute well add cooked prawns
- Saute till the prawns bind well with masalas. Switch off once done. It takes almost minimum of 5 mins
- The rice has cooled a bit and its seperate grains now.
- Add the prepared prawn masala to the rice
- Mix gently, you can also add fried onions and mint leaves to enhance the flavor.
- Once done serve hot. you no need any side dish for this rice, if need serve with onion and cucumber raita.