Plain birinji in pressure cooker easy and simple methods. Perfect for quick lunch box ideas. I served with raita this spicy plain birinji you can prepare for a picnic or during a vacation. Easy to prepare and easy to pack.
Share my recipe [ess_post]
For this plain birinji I used India gate basmati rice. I washed and soaked it for 30 minutes this gives you lengthy grains. Make sure you add correct quantity of water specified in the instructions of the wrapper. If the mentioned quantities doesn’t suits you definitely you must experiment. And in one or two trial you can master it. Further make sure you buy the same brand of rice the next time.
In a pressure cooker add 2-3 tsp oil. Add chopped onion lengthwise.Add required salt and cook onion till transparent. Add all the spices bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and Marathi moggu. Prepare paste of ginger garlic and 1 green chilly and add it to the cooker. Saute well till raw smell goes off.Add chopped tomatoes saute till mushy.Add 1 tbsp chilly powder. Add 1 tsp kashmiri red chilly powder.Mix well till bind. Add soaked rice. Mix gently till the masalas bind. For 2 glass rice we need to add 4 glass water 2 for each. But I add 3 glass and reduce 1 glass as we have tomato gravy in it. Check for salt and spiciness. The water should be little salty and spicy.Allow to boil well then close pressure cooker and cook in medium flame for 2 whistles. Birinji is ready serve with raita.
Plain veg birinji - pressure cooker method
- 2 Glass Basmati Rice / பாசுமதி அரிசி
- 2 Onion / வெங்காயம்
- 3-4 Tomatoes / தக்காளி
- 2 Tsp Ginger garlic and chilly paste
- 1 Tbsp Chilly Powder / மிளகாய் தூள்
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- Bay Leaves / பிரியாணி இலைகள்
- Marathi moggu
- Star anise
- Required Salt
- 2-3 Tsp Oil
- In a pressure cooker add 2-3 tsp oil
- Add chopped onion
- Add required salt
- Add all the spices
- Prepare paste of ginger garlic and 1 green chilly
- Saute well till raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped tomatoes saute till mushy.
- Add 1 tbsp chilly powder
- Add 1 tsp kashmiri red chilly powder
- Mix well till bind
- Add soaked rice
- Mix gently till the masalas bind
- For 2 glass rice we need to add 4 glass water 2 for each. But I add 3 glass and reduce 1 glass as we have tomato gravy in it.
- Check for salt and spiciness. The water should be little salty and spicy.
- Allow to boil well
- Close pressure cooker and cook in medium flame for 2 whistles
- Birinji is ready serve with raita
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.