Hello friends welcome,
In this post Let me share you the recipe of mini podi idly. One of the easiest and tasty breakfast recipe all the idly lovers will love to have. It is spicy and tasty dish to serve as a breakfast. I have also shared all the breakfast recipes in my channel in the post below. Please do check, Happy Cooking !!!
Mini Podi idly recipe | South Indian cuisine
- Idly Pot
- Pan or Kadai
- Idly batter
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- few fresh curry leaves
- Pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Idly powder/ Gun powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilly powder optional
- Salt as required
- Make idly batter the previous night and ferment it overnight.
- For making idly I used mini idly plate. You can use normal idly plate also. Grease oil in the idly plate. Meanwhile add water in the idly pot and pre-heat. Add the idly batter gently in the mini idly plate using a spoon.
- Place the stacked idly plate inside the idly pot and cook for 7-8 mins in medium flame. After 8 mins open and check whether the idly is cooked properly. Give a resting time of 2 mins and gently take the idly using as spoon and transfer to a plate.
- For making podi idly check how to make the powder in the below video. Keep a pan and add 2 tsp sesame oil. Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, let it splutter and then add urad dal. Once it becomes light brown color add fresh curry leaves and sprinkle hing/asafoetida.
- Add 1 tsp idly podi and 1/2 tsp chilly powder. Adding chilli powder is completely optional. You can add 2 tsp of idly podi itself.
- Keep in low flame do not burn the masala, now add the prepared mini idly to the pan and mix well. Already we have salt in idly as well as podi so adjust salt accordingly.
- Mix well and turn off the stove. Spicy and hot mini podi idly is ready to serve. Usually you no need any sidedish for this recipe. If you prefer you can have with coconut chutney.
Idly milagai podi – Kids version not too much spicy
Check all breakfast recipe :