Kulfi is a popular Indian ice cream dessert made with milk, sugar, nuts & cardamoms. It is made by evaporating milk and then sweetened with sugar. Flavoring ingredients like saffron and cardamom powder are added along with ground or chopped nuts. In this post let me show you how to make a delicious mango kulfi.
Delicious Malai Mango Kulfi
- Wide bottomed pan
- Mixie jar/ blender
- Kulfi mould
- 1 litre Full fat milk
- 1 Ripe mango
- 100 g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Pista and almonds
- In a wide bottomed add 1 litre milk and boil it. Once it comes to boil keep in low flame add 100g sugar and stir continously and boil till it reduce to half. Scrape the sides of the pan so that the thick layers of milk/rabri is mixed up with the milk.
- Once the milk is reduced to half. Switch off the flame and cool it completely. The reduce milk with rabri will become even more thick.
- Meanwhile scoop the mango flesh into a blender and blend well to smooth consisitency.
- Once the milk is cooled down add the mango pulp to it and mix well. You can also blend in jar to get nice smooth consistency.
- Add the contents to a kulfi mould, close with the lid and insert a stick to it. And freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- After 8 hours take the kulfi mould out. Roll the mould in between your palms and gently take the kulfi put from the mould.
- Add dry nuts like almonds and pistachios on the top and serve chill. Delicious Mango kulf is ready.