Agra pan sweet, recently we went to a function and we noticed a green colored sweet kept while serving food. And we (me and my husband) tasted it and it was in a flavor of pan and the shape of the sweet was in triangular. Me and my husband was in a deep discussion about the ingredients of the sweet. And finally came to know that it is made up of ash gourd with stuffed sweetened kova. It was really scrumptious and the every bite was really juicy and yummy. One fine day we tried that recipe but the output was not as we expected. And we tried almost 2 times, after many trials finally we made this recipe and the outcome was really good. Please check the detailed recipe with all the tips and tricks for making the perfect agra pan sweet.
About Petha Recipe | Agra Ka Petha Recipe: If there is anything that comes close to the popularity of Taj Mahal from Agra, it is the delicious and popular Agra Ka Petha, a popular Indian sweet from the state. It is translucent looking, soft, chewy and candy-like, eaten dry or dipped in sugar syrup (chashni).
One of the recent varieties of Petha, Pan Petha is widely considered to be the king of all Mithais (sweets) because of the sheer amount of genius which goes into its making. It is not just a dessert; Panchhi Pan Petha is so delicious that it is a treat to eat it! Its ingredients include pumpkin, sugar, Pan chutney flavor, Dry fruits, Gulkand and Coconut powder. Besides having an excellent taste, Panchhi Pan Petha is beneficial in keeping your mind cool and in the digestion of food.
In the agra pan sweet recipe below we stuffed homemade paal kova inside you can also stuff with mixed nuts with paal kova. We have not used any pan flavor we have just added rose essence.
Check the making of Agra pan sweet recipe in the video link
Homemade Paal kova
Agra Pan sweet - Meeta Paan Recipe
- 250g Ashgourd / White pumpkin
- 150g Sugar / சர்க்கரை
- 500ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Rose essence
- 1/4 tsp green food color
- White pumpkin / ash gourd - cut in triangular shape like this with the skin
- Now using a slicer slice the pumpkin in triangular shape.
- Make not too thick nor thin.
- Ash gourd slices are ready. let us soak in water for 5-10 mins.
- In a pan add enough water to cook the slices
- Add green food color to get the pan color
- Now add the sliced pumpkins, Cook till its transparent / 2 - 3 mins
- Once done remove from water, drain excess water and keep in a plate. Dry it completely without any water.
- Let it dry, let us make sugar syrup. In a pan add a glass of water.
- Add 150 - 200 gms sugar as required
- Add food color in the syrup also then only color absorbs properly.
- Check for single string consistency of the sugar syrup
- Add 1/2 tsp of rose essence
- Now let us add the dried pumpkin slices to the syrup
- If the sugar syrup is watery the slices will not be perfect so check for single string consistency and then drop the cooked slices.
- We are going to stuff sweetened kova / paal kova inside. you can also include mixed nuts inside. People also stuff made with milk and coconut powder
- Take a spoon of paal kova and keep in the middle of a slice. Apply ghee on sides to wrap.
- Now wrap the corners to middle to form a triangular shape.
- As we applied ghee it gets stick one another/ if not you can secure it with a clove or a toothpick.
- Similarly you can make other pan sweets. Agra Pan sweet is ready it stays good for a week.