Pretempered rice flour dumplings very tasty and easy way of doing which you can try this Vinayagar chathurthi. This mini kara kozhukattai is something different in taste as we tempered rice flour with many ingredients it gives nice taste to the kozhukattai. This kara mini kozhukattai can be offered to Lord Ganesha during Ganesh chathurthi. Usually people also make sweet kozhukatai which kids love very much, but age old people avoids eating, for those aged loved ones you can prepare this kind of spicy min kozhukattai and inspire them.
Check other Kozukattai recipe of my channel
Check other Vinayagar Chathurthi recipes
தாளிச்ச மினி கொழுக்கட்டை
- 300 gms raw rice flour homemade
- 1 Onion chopped
- curry leaves chopped
- 2 red chilly chopped
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Channa Dal
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 th tsp mustard
- 1/4 th tsp Asafoetida / பெருங்காயம்
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 2 tsp Sesame oil / எள் எண்ணெய்
- Took home made rice flour about 300 gms. Method: soak raw rice in water for 2 hours, set drain in a kitchen cloth till its non sticky to hands. Grind in a mixie jar to fine powder and sieve it well. Before making kozhukattai dry roast in a pan for 2 mins.
- Keep all ingredients ready.
- For tempering, In a pan add 2 tsp sesame oil.
- Add urad dal saute n low flame.
- Add channa dal wait till it turns to brown.
- Add 1/4 th tsp mustard seeds.
- Add onion and saute well. onion is optional.
- Add red chilly and curry leaves
- Add hing and required salt.
- Add grated coconuts saute well for 2 mins and switch off.
- Transfer the tempered contents to rice flour and mix well.
- Add hot water little by little and knead dough.
- knead a soft and smooth dough. Grease oil in hands.
- Make mini balls or any desired shape balls. Preheat idly pot with water.
- Place it in a idly plate with kitchen cloth.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 mins and then switch off.
- Serve hot.