Coconut suiyam tried out the first time. We usually prepare suiyam with channa dal and jaggery filling but this time I made the stuffing with coconut and jaggery. And also instead of using maida as a outer wrap I prepared the outer wrap with urad dal batter. My mother in law prepare suiyam with channa dal and I learnt this recipe from her. I made little modifications and made this snack more healthy. And you can give this to your children and they love eating this. The taste was very good and also urad dal made this snack more crispy than maida. You can also make this sweet as neuveidyam during kolu, varalakshmi viradham etc and distribute those who came home.
Everyone will enjoy this sweet snack a lot and definitely they would ask one more. You can feed this to your girl child when she attains puberty as it is rich in iron and the urad dal make bone strengthen. And is mostly given to girls during their periods to overcome the back pain. New mom’s can also eat this snack which is really needed to overcome the issues related to the delivery.
Instead feeding your children with junk foods like pizza or street foods like Pani Puri you can make this snack easily and feed them and also they would definitely love this sweet snack.
My other sweet recipes Yummy sweet
Share my recipe [ess_post]
Coconut suiyam | Traditional sweet
- 2 Cup Urad dal
- 1 Cup Grated coconuts
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamon Powder
- 1 Tsp Sugar / சர்க்கரை
- Pinch Salt
- Oil For frying
- 1 Tsp Ghee / நெய்
- 1 Tbsp Rava or sooji
- Grate coconut finely
- Soak urad dal in water for 2-3 hours
- Take jaggery equal to coconut
- Add little water and allow to boil.
- Switch off when jaggery disdolves
- Add 1 tsp ghee
- Add coconut and saute
- Strain jaggery syrup and mix well till coconut absorbs syrup.
- Add cardamon powder and mix well.switch off.
- Cool down and make small balls keep aside.
- Add soaked urad dal in mixie. Grind without adding water to a thick batter.
- Add 1 tbsp rava or sooji for crispiness.
- Transfer to a bowl add a pinch salt.
- Add 1 tsp sugar.
- Mix well. Now everything is ready let us deep fry them.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Take the coconut ball gently dip in the batter prepared.
- Or add the batter all over the coconut ball with a spoon
- Fry it in hot oil in low flame. Till it's cooked inside.
- Transfer to a plate and serve warm.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.