Christmas cake – Rich fruits and nuts cake – Merry Christmas | how to make Christmas cake recipe #christmascake #cake #merrychristmas #plumcake #fruitsnutscake
A traditional English Christmas Cake is made with rich, moist currants, sultanas (golden raisins) and raisins which have been soaked in rum. If a Christmas cake is covered in icing, it is quite common for it to be decorated – models of houses, of fir trees or of Father Christmas may be in the array of decorations.
In India, Christmas cakes are traditionally a fruit cake with many variants. Allahabadi cake is famous for its rich taste and texture. Many smaller and more traditional Christian bakeries add alcohol, usually rum, in the cake.
We are going to make cake with dried black grape juice. The fruits and nuts used in this cake is as follows : Black raisins 150g, Raisins 50g, tutti frutti 50g, almonds & cashew 50g, dates 50g, cherry 50g.
Baking items from amazon https://www.amazon.in/shop/cookingmypassion?listId=27WX7WC0IAI3O&ref=idea_share_inf
Christmas fruits and nuts cake recipe
For cake mixture
- 300g Maida
- 100ml Milk
- 150g Butter
- 3 Egg
- 200g Sugar / சர்க்கரை
- 50g caramel sugar
- cinnamon 1 stick, cardamom 1, clove 3
- 2 tsp vannila essence
- 1 tbsp coco powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
For fruits and nuts soaking
- 150g Black raisins
- 50g Raisins
- 50g tutti frutti
- 50g almonds & cashew
- 50g Dates
- 50g cherry
- 100 g black raisins, wash and soak 1 hour to take juice.
- After soaking for 1 hour let us grind in mixie jar to squeeze out juice
- Grind well in mixie jar with little water at a time.
- Strain the juice and discard the pulp. Grape juice is ready.
- Grape juice, Black raisins 50g, Raisins 50g, tutti frutti 50g, almonds & cashew 50g, dates 50g, cherry 50g.
- We are going to soak in this juice, Cherry, cashews and almonds chopped
- In a mixing bowl add all the fruits and nuts. Mix well and add the prepared grape juice soak overnight or 8 hours. Refrigerate it
- Let us make sugar caramel with 50 gms sugar
- In a pan add 50 gm sugar little by little. Add 2 -3 tsp water and let it caramelize.
- Sugar mixture turns brown like this immediately switch off and transfer to bowl otherwise it loses consistency.
- In a mixie jar add cinnamon, cardamon, cloves and 200g sugar. Grind to fine powder. transfer and keep aside
- In a mixing bowl add 3 eggs
- Using a beater beat well / whisk. Add the caramelized sugar and then beat
- Add 150 g butter (at room temperature) and beat.
- Add vannila essence for extra flavor.
- Add powdered sugar little by little and beat well.
- Add baking powder 3 tsp, baking soda 1/2 tsp.
- Add maida little by little with milk, Adjust milk accordingly.
- Beat well till well combine.
- Add cocoa powder 1 tbsp heaped and beat well.
- Mix well and then we can add soaked dry fruits and nuts
- Now let us add the soaked nuts and fruits.
- Mix well till well combined
- Grease a baking pan (0.5kg) with butter.
- Dust with flour.
- Keep a butter paper on it, Grease with butter on the paper.
- Add the contents of the cake to the pan
- Topup with cashews, almonds, cherry and grapes or nuts of your choice.
- Pre heat oven140 d 10 mins. Bake for 140 degree, 1 hour/60 mins. Set time for 40 mins check and then also you can bake setting 10 - 15 mins.
- Super moist and soft cake is ready. remove from the pan and Cool completely
- Remove butter paper gently.
- Serve in pieces.
- Christmas cake is ready enjoy with family !!! Merry christmas !!!