Today’s recipe is goats liver gravy. I prepared this in chettinad style of grinding fresh masalas and added to it. This recipe I prepared along with my previous non veg recipe chettinad naatu kozhi gravy. So I prepared the same masala for both and added to it. So the masalas prepared is for both the recipes. But I have mentioned the quantity of masalas to be added to each separately which you can follow. Moreover you can grind and store the dry masalas and store in a air tight container. It’s very simply for you for preparing recipes when you have already ground masalas. Do check the method below and try it and post comments for me.
Share my recipe
Benefits for health if we consume liver goats are as follows:
Overcoming low blood pressure
The liver has a high enough iron content that will help overcome low blood pressure. Because its function increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
Good for your brain development
Goat liver also contains choline is very good for brain development. So toddlers are perfect for consuming goat liver. You may like this article: health benefits of deep sleep for brain
Prevent the appearance and growth of cancer
Without folic acid, the body will lack the cells because many of the damaged cells have not been replaced. These damaged cells have great potential to become cancer cells that without control will grow rapidly.
Prevent baby from being born smallpox
The formation of central nerves has begun when humans are still in the womb. Folic acid is a compound that is very influential on the development of the brain’s nerves to prevent babies born defects.
Liver contains vitamin B12 which serves to help produce red blood cells. This vitamin is also in charge of helping the activation of folic acid so that the above function of folic acid can be achieved.
Adds your energy
Another function of vitamin B12 contained in the health benefits of eating goat liver is the ability to convert carbohydrates into glucose. Glucose is one of the energy sources in the body.
Set up the nervous system
Vitamin B12 also serves as a regulator of the nervous system that allows you to avoid nervous tension that can result in stress and depression.
Helps the process of bone and tooth formation
One of the minerals that play a role in the formation of bones and teeth is phosphorus. And goat’s liver has the content of the compound in it.
Good for the digestive system
Phosphorus also has the function of helping improve the performance of the digestive system.
Helps to maintain reproductive health
The content of phosphorus in goat liver has the ability to cooperate with the endocrine glands and regulate the process of hormonal balancing. One is the reproductive hormone.
Because the liver is an organ that serves to filter out toxins, it is necessary to consider in selecting and sorting out the liver is good for the consumption. Choose health benefits of eating goat liver with a color that is still red-brown do not choose a grayish color because it may danger for your health.
Source : drhealthbenefits.com
Chettinad mutton liver gravy
Chettinad masala powder
- 3 Tbsp Coriander seeds / கொத்தமல்லி விதைகள்
- 2 Tbsp Cumin seeds / சீரகம்
- 2 Tbsp Fennel seeds / பெருஞ்சீரகம்
- 1 Tbsp Pepper corns / மிளகு
- 10-15 Red chilly / சிவப்பு மிளகாய்
- 300 Gms Shallots / சிறிய வெங்காயம்
- 1 Bay Leaves / பிரியாணி இலைகள்
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 100 Gms Coconuts
- 1 Inch Ginger / இஞ்சி
- 10-12 Garlic cloves / பூண்டு பற்கள்
- Required Oil
- Few Curry leaved
- Few Coriander Leaves / கொத்துமல்லி தழை
- Required Salt
- Add 3 tbsp coriander seeds in a pan and dry roast
- Add 2 tbsp cumin seeds and 2 tbsp fennel seeds and 1 tbsp pepper corns
- Add 10-15 red chilly and dry roast in medium flame
- One nice aroma comes switch off and cool down completely. I prepared this masala for preparing 2 different recipes.
- Add to a mixie jar and ground to fine mixture.
- Keep aside the ground mixture and also you can store this powder in a air tight container.
- In a pan add 2 tsp oil.
- Add bay leaves, cinnamon, and cloves
- Add shallots and saute in oil
- Once transparent or changes color switch off
- Grind to fine paste
- Transfer to a plate
- In the same pan add 1 Tsp oil
- Add coconut ginger and garlic
- Saute well
- Cool down and grind in a mixie jar.
- Grind to a fine paste
- In a pan add 1/2 kg mutton liver gravy.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and saute well.
- Once it leaves water mix and allow to boil well.
- Add ground chettinad masala powder 2 - 3 tsp or upto your spice level
- Mix well till bind
- Add fresh curry leaves
- Add required salt
- Add 2-3 tsp onion paste
- Add 2-3 tsp coconut ginger garlic paste
- Mix well till all the masalas bind well.
- Sprinkle some water for the liver to cook. It doesn't take much time to cook.
- Allow to boil well for 4-5 mins not more than that.
- Once the gravy becomes thickened switch off.
- Add fresh coriander leaves and serve.
- Mutton liver gravy is ready to serve. You can have with dosa, idly ,chapati or rice.