Ridge gourd peel chutney most often prepared by my mom and also MIL but both way of doing is different my mom won’t add coconut but my mother in law add coconuts to this chutney.
Anyway both tastes different and good. Ridge gourd skin is very beneficial to our whole body from top to bottom. Not only skin the veg itself is very beneficial to include in our diet.
Most people just throw the skin peeled off from the ridge gourd. If you come to know the benefits you won’t do that. You can also include the skin in any variety of chutney you make.
Share my recipe
Ridge gourd health benefits
- Ridge gourd is extremely rich in dietary fiber and enriched with all the vital elements that include Vit-C, Zinc, Iron, Riboflavin, Magnesium, Thiamin and traces of another minerals.
- It is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and calories that aids in weight loss.
- Ridge gourd contains good content of cellulose and high in water content that helps to relieve from constipation and healing piles.
- Ridge gourd contains insulin like Peptides and Alkaloids within the vegetable that helps to reduce the sugar levels in both the blood and urine.
- It is high in Beta-carotene which is good for enhancing eye sight.
- Ridge gourd acts effective in purifying blood. It boosts up and nourishes the liver health and protects the liver from alcohol intoxication.
- Ridge gourd juice is used to heal jaundice and to strengthen your immune system against any infection.
- It is good for skin care, as the blood purifying qualities in it ensures you to stay clear from pimples and acne.
- Ridge gourd helps to manage acidity as well as ulcers. It is well known as a cooling agent and aids in handling burning up experience with the urine.
From heathandbloom website