Dahi Gravy – instant side dish for idly, dosa, roti, naan and parotta. This instant dahi gravy can be made in 10 mins of time which tastes delicious and yummy. The main ingredient being curd the other ingredients which gives nice taste and flavor is the Garam masala powder and kasuri methi. While we add onions while sauting and adding up on crushed garlic to this gravy gives nice taste and flavor. Sauting onions to nice golden brown color gives nice color and taste too. You can also add gobi, aloo and even chicken to this gravy.
- 200 gms Curd / தயிர்
- 1 and 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder / மல்லித்தூள்
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / மஞ்சள் தூள்
- Pinch Asafoetida / பெருங்காயம்
- 2 onion chopped lengthwise
- 10 cloves garlic / பூண்டு
- few Curry Leaves / கறிவேப்பிலை
- 5 tsp Sesame oil / எள் எண்ணெய்
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds / கடுகு
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / சீரகம்
- Keep all ingredients ready. Curd 200 gms, Red chilly powder 1 and 1/2 tsp, 1/2 tsp Garam masala, 2 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp Kasuri methi. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, Asafoetida a pinch, 2 onion chopped lengthwise, Garlic 10 cloves, few curry leaves.
- Add curd in a mixing bowl.
- Add chilly powder to the curd
- Add coriander powder
- Add garam masala
- Add kasuri methi.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and a pinch hing
- Mix well till well combined.
- Add 5 tbsp sesame oil and mustard seeds and cumin seeds
- Add chopped onion and saute well till nice brown color
- Add crushed garlic cloves
- Add curry leaves and saute well.
- Add required salt and mix well.
- Add the curd mixture and mix well
- Add required water and mix well
- boil till the gravy thickens and oil seperates on sides
- Once the gravy thickens switch off.
- Dahi gravy is ready this can be served with roti, naan and parotta.