Chicken mutton karandi omlette a south Indian special recipe from famous plain karandi omlette. I tried the karandi omlette with chicken and mutton stuffed inside. It came out very well and delicious. Karandi omelette recipe with stepwise pictures and youtube video recipe. Karandi omelette is a famous south Indian street food and also avaialble in famous restaurants and hotel and prepared within minutes. This is similar to egg paniyaram but varies in size and it is prepared using a kuzhambu laddle or tempering pan / tadka pan. Karandi means ladle in tamil and the omelette is prepared in big ladle. This karandi omlette pairs well with sambar or rasam and rice or it can be served as a starter too. Restaurants also serve chettinad style karandi omlette too served on a plantain leaf.
Chicken mutton karandi omlette
- 2 Eggs
- 2 pieces mutton cooked
- 3 pieces Chicken / கோழி இறைச்சி cooked
- 1 Onion / வெங்காயம்
- 1 Green Chilly / பச்சை மிளகாய்
- few Curry Leaves / கறிவேப்பிலை
- few Coriander Leaves / கொத்துமல்லி தழை
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / மஞ்சள் தூள்
- 1/3 tbsp Chilly Powder / மிளகாய் தூள்
- 1/3 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்
- Required Oil
- First let us make chicken mutton masala. In a pan add 2-3 tsp oil
- Add few curry leaves and 1 chopped green chilly
- Add 1 finely chopped onion
- Add 1/2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Add 1/3 tbsp chilly powder
- Add 1/3 tsp pepper powder
- Take chicken and mutton pieces
- Shred them well without any bones
- Add required salt
- Add shredded chicken and mutton. Saute for 2-3 mins.
- Break two egg in a bowl and add prepared chicken mutton masala to egg mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Place a tadka pan on the stove add oil and spread,
- Add the prepared egg masala and cook in low flame.
- Cook on both sides till the inside part is cooked well
- Once done serve hot.