வெண்டைக்காய் புளி குழம்பு | Vendakkai puli kuzhambu recipe in Tamil
- 1/4 kg lady's finger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp onion vadagam
- chopped 1 onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- curry leaves
- chopped 2 tomatoes
- required salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- small lemon sized tamarind
- 1 glass of water
- In a clay pot add 2 tsp sesame oil. Add 1 tsp onion vadagam, Add chopped 1 onion, Add chopped 5-6 garlic cloves, Few curry leaves, Saute everything well.
- Add chopped 2 tomatoes, Saute till tomatoes become soft and mushy. Add required salt and give a quick mix.
- Add 1/4 kg lengthwise cut lady's finger give a mix, Add 1 tsp coriander powder and 1 tsp chilly powder. Add enough water for the kulambu. Cover and cook.
- Soak a small lemon sized tamarind in water and extract the juice and keep aside. Open and check whether the lady's finger is cooked well. Now add the tamarind juice and allow to boil well or till oil seperates.
- Switch off and allow to set it gets thicker as we added tamarind. Serve hot with rice with appalam or vathal.
Check other kuzhambu varieties
South Indian spicy poondu kuzhambu is good for health. It is the best remedy for cold and cough as we add more garlic in this kuzhambu its is good for overall health. This spicy poondu / garlic kuzhambu is served with hot steamed rice with appalam and tastes divine. At time of cold and cough you can have this as we also add pepper in it.