Vegetable biriyani in pressure cooker. I have used vegetables of mixed-up quantities and you can use vegetables of your choice. This veg biriyani is completely nutritious and have a bowl full for your lunch.
Share my recipe [ess_post]
It took me long time to clean, peel and chop vegetables but the outcome is excellent. Though it takes much time you love the taste and definitely you will enjoy it. Each and every vegetables has it’s own taste and benefits.
Ihave added baby corns as a new thing because I have not added baby corns before in any veg biriyani, pulao or in any recipe. It gives a nice crunchy texture. You can also give a try and alternative way of adding baby corns is simply frying them in oil and adding it. But I think instead of frying adding it to cook is more nutritious.
I used India gate basmati rice and in the wrapper it is clearly mentioned to add 2 glass water for each glass of rice. As I cooked vegetable before adding rice nicely in the gravy I have added only the exact amount of water because vegetables take some water for cooking.
I soaked rice in water for half an hour. After chopping all the vegetables I made ginger , garlic and chilly paste. I used a heavy bottomed vessel to give enough space for all the veg to cook. Added onion and spice sauted for 3 mins. Then added vegetables one by one as each vegetables take different time to cook. Started from carrots and beans continued adding potatoes, baby corns, peas. After sauting all the vegetables only I added the ginger garlic chilly paste because it sticks to the pan. Added tomatoes and saute till mushy. Then added mint and coriander leaves, then meal maker. Added chilly powder make not as we already ground chilly paste adjust spice accordingly. I have also added curd.
Further added soaked rice and mixed gently added water and then at last added cardamon and safron milk. One it comes to boil transferred to to a vessel to fit inside a pressure cooker and cooked the biriyani for 3 whistles in medium flame. I served hot with raita.
- 3 Glass Basmati Rice / பாசுமதி அரிசி
- Potatoes / உருளைக்கிழங்கு
- Baby corn
- Green peas
- Meal maker
- 3 Tbsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 2 Green Chilly / பச்சை மிளகாய்
- 2 Tbsp Chilly Powder / மிளகாய் தூள்
- 2 Tbsp Curd / தயிர்
- Bay Leaves / பிரியாணி இலைகள்
- Star anise
- Marathi moggu
- 2 chopped onion
- 4-5 Tomatoes / தக்காளி
- Soak basmati rice 3 glass
- Chop 2 onion, chop baby corns, cut baby potatoes and clean green peas
- Chop carrots beans and 4-5 tomatoes
- Prepare paste from 1 inch ginger,5-6 garlic cloves and 2 green chilly
- Boil meal maker till tender. Wash in cool water again and squeeze extra water
- Take bay leaves, cinnamon,star anise,cloves, Marathi moggu and cardamon
- In a heavy bottomed vessel add oil
- Add chopped onion and saute well add salt now
- Add all spices except cardamon
- Add chopped carrots and saute.
- Add chopped beans and saute
- Add cut baby potatoes
- Add baby corns
- Add ginger garlic and chilly paste
- Add tomatoes
- Add handful mint and coriander leaves
- Add 2 tbsp chilly powder
- Add meal maker now
- Add 2 tbsp curd
- Add soaked basmati rice
- Mix well gently
- Add 6 glass water 2 glass for each
- Check for salt and spiciness
- Add cardamon now. Otherwise the flavor goes off
- Add saffron milk
- Allow to boil well and transfer to a vessel and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Hot veg biriyani is ready