Hariyali Grilled chicken is a famous north Indian dish in the Punjab region. A delicious Indian dish made with chicken & fresh aromatic herbs, spices. This chicken recipes is also called as green chicken. As it is marinated in fresh green chutney. Mint leaves coriander leaves green chilly as the main ingredients. This flavorful grilled chicken is juicy and tasty. The flavor of mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilly along with gingers is awesome. Curd and lime gives the tangy taste to this hariyali grilled chicken recipe.
This recipe is also called as green chicken as the color of the recipe is as such. This hariyali grilled chicken can be served as a starter. In the same way with this freshly ground masalas you can make hariyali chicken tikka, hariyali chicken gravy even hariyali chicken biriyani etc. This recipe came out very well in the first try itself and its very yummy and my hubby liked this recipe very much. Please do try this recipe and enjoy with your family and friends. Share your valuable feedback.
Check the video link of the hariyali grilled chicken recipe:
Watch Chicken Samosa recipe :
Watch Malabar chicken curry recipe
Hariyali Grilled Chicken
- Chicken leg pieces 3
- 3 green chilly
- Handfull of mint leaves
- Handfull of coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 5 tsp curd
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp butter
- tsp of oil
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Took 3 chicken leg pieces. washed thoroughly and applied turmeric powder on it. make deep cuts Let us first make a fresh masala to marinate
- In a mixie jar add 3 green chilly the spice of this recipe is only from the green chilly.
- Add handfull of fresh mint leaves, cleaned and washed thoroughly.
- Add handfull of fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped.
- Add 1/2 tsp ginger and garlic paste. you can also add minced ginger and garlic
- Adding fresh curd 5 tbsp. preferably add a thick hung curd so that the paste is not so runnier.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp of garam masala powder
- Squeeze half a lime. curd and lemon juice makes meat tender and gives a nice tangy taste.
- Add salt to taste and blend to a smooth paste. As said if you add hung curd( thick curd without water) you will get a thick masala paste.
- No need to add water the wetness in the mint leaves, coriander leaves and curd is enough.
- Now apply this green masala to the chicken, apply in the deep cuts and all over the chicken and marinate for 1 hour
- You can also add it in a box and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After an hour add a tsp of oil
- Add 2 tbsp of corn flour and mix well
- Heat a grill pan/ tawa add a tsp of butter
- Add the marinated chicken pieces, cook in low flame till the chicken is almost cooked.
- Turn sides gently and cook in low flame
- Once the chicken pieces are cooked well let us transfer to the wired grill. Cook each pieces separately.
- Keep on turn the sides and cook till nice smoky. Do not burn the chicken.
- Hariyali grilled chicken is ready to serve. Serve with mayonnaise or tomato sauce.