Egg Cheela - Evening Snacks recipe
Chilla or Besan cheela are simple savory pancakes made with gram flour, spices and herbs. These make for a great breakfast and can be eaten with a chutney or tea.Cheela - South Indian savory pan cake usually made with besan flour. In this recipe we made using egg and grated potatoes with all-purpose flour. You can also include besan flour for this recipe. You can also include grated veggies like carrots, radish, spring onions etc. Not only snacks it can be served as a breakfast too.
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Onion
- 1-2 Green chilly
- 1/4 th tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp maida / besan flour
- 1/4 th tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 th tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt as required
- Wash and peel the skin of potatoes and add in bowl of water. Grate the potatoes and immerse in water, this avoids discoloration after grating all the potatoes squeeze the excess water and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add finely chopped 1 onion, chopped green chilly,1/4 tsp pepper powder, 1/4 th tsp turmeric powder and salt as required. Add 3 tbsp maida / besan flour.
- Add 1/4 th tsp ginger garlic paste. To that add 2 eggs and mix well. And then mix well.
- Heat a pan and grease oil pour the prepared mixture in the pan into small dosa shape. After cooking for 2 mins oneside flip over and cook the other side add oil if required.
- You can serve this egg chilla with tomato sauce