Sweet maida biscuits from my mom’s kitchen she prepare it during my childhood in the occasion of Diwali. It is very easy snack that any one can prepare it in a short span of time. This sweet is made with only with maida and sugar and tastes awesome. My daughter likes this very much so even toddlers can have this wonderful snack. And most of my Christian friends prepare it during Christmas but they people add egg for softness of the biscuits.
Share my recipe [ess_post]
Sweet maida biscuits
- 1 Cup Maida flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar / சர்க்கரை
- 2 Tbsp Ghee / நெய்
- Pinch Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamon / ஏலக்காய்
- Keep all ingredients ready for 1 cup maida 1/4 cup sugar is the ratio
- Add sugar to a mixie jar. Grind to a coarse powder.
- Add cardamon to sugar and grind finely.
- Add a pinch baking soda to a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee to the bowl and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar to the bowl
- Add a cup maida to the bowl mix well by hands
- Add water little by little and knead dough.
- Knead dough and give rest for half an hour.
- After resting time take a small ball sized dough and flatten it like chapati.
- Flatten it nor thin or thick
- Using a knife cut into thin strips vertically.
- Make even same sized strips
- Now cut the each strip to a diamond shapes.
- Transfer to a paper and repeat other.
- In a kadai preheat oil
- Once done add the diamonds in batches and fry till brown
- Turn sides and cook in low to medium flame.
- Do not burn them. Once done transfer to paper to absorb extra oil
- Sweet diamonds maida biscuit is ready to serve.
- This sweet snacks is the best snack we have during the occasion of Diwali and Christmas.