Spicy Chettinad Fish Fry recipe
Spicy Chettinad Fish Fry, a delicious recipe from South Indian cuisine that you can serve as a side dish with your meals or just as a starter.Spicy Chettinad Fish Fry Recipe is a delicious and spicy preparation of fish made in the Chettinad region of South India. Chettinad cuisine is known for spicy food which is made using freshly ground masalas.
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 th tsp pepper corns
- 9-10 red chillies
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds/ powder
- 1/4 th tsp garam masala
- A pinch hing
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
- Onion slices
- Lemon wedges
- To begin making the Chettinad Fish Fry Recipe, wash the fish thoroughly apply turmeric powder and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add all the ingredients one be one. Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, Add 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, Add 1/4 th tsp pepper corns, Add 9-10 red chillies, Add 5 garlic cloves, Add 1 tsp coriander seeds/ powder, Add 1/4 th tsp garam masala and hing, Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and required salt
- Dry roast and switch off. Cool down and grind to fine powder.
- Transfer the prepared powder to a mixing bowl. add 2 tsp oil and little water and make a thick paste.
- Apply the prepared paste on the fish generously. The masala paste will be in dark brown in color. Let the masala sit in for an hour.
- After an hour heat a tawa, apply oil and fry the fishes in batches. Heat a side for 2-3 mins and flip over gently and fry till nice brown and crisp.
- Once the fish is cooked transfer to a plate and serve as starter or a sidedish for rice. Garnish with lime juice. Serve with thinly sliced onions and lemon wedges.