Papaya halwa recipe
Raw papaya halwa very yummy and tasty halwa recipe. I made this recipe from fresh papaya grown in our Garden. This halwa recipe is prepared by grating the papaya and cook in a pan add some ghee to get nice flavor. We need to measure grated papaya in a cup and add half cup of sugar in the same cup. Finally we can garnish with ghee roasted cashews and raisins. With papaya we can make many recipes like papaya finger fries, papaya kootu, papaya poriyal, papaya salad etc. Papaya has lots and lots of health benefits it cures digestion problem, constipation, good for weight loss etc. Please do try this recipe and post your comments and feedback.
- 1 medium Raw papaya grated 1 cup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ghee
- few Cashews
- few Raisins
- few Saffron strands
- Wash the raw papaya with water and cut the papaya. Peel the skin off and seeds part if any. Wash again thoroughly as the skin of papaya releases latex like milk.
- After peeling the skin and cleaning process grate using the big hole grater board. Grating in big hole gives you seperate strands of papaya like a semia.
- Add the grated papaya to a measuring cup and check. Later add the grated papaya to a pan and cook in low flame. Add few saffron strands now, so that while cooking it gets nice color and flavor.
- Use the same measuring cup to add sugar. Take half cup of sugar and keep aside. Wait till the papaya is completely cooked.
- Papaya will shrink and reduces to half in this stage add a tsp of ghee and saute well.
- Once the papaya is completely cooked lets add sugar now. stir in low flame till the sugar melts completely and absorbed.
- When it is little runny switch off. after cooling down it become little thick.
- Meanwhile in other pan add 1 tsp ghee and roast cashews and raisins and add it to the papaya halwa.