Palak mushroom gravy a very delicious recipe and goes well with chapathi, naan, paratha etc. Tried this palak leaves mushroom gravy for the first time and it really came out well. Whenever you cant eat non veg you can prepare this palak mushroom gravy. The speciality of this recipe is the freshly ground masalas which gave the authentic taste to the gravy. With palak leaves you can also make palak paneer gravy, palak mutton keema gravy etc. This recipe is made in my own style depicting south Indian dishes.
Health benefits of Palak
- Good Source of Iron
- Good for eyes
- Aids in weight loss
- Diabetic friendly
- Rich in vitamin C and A
- Make your bones strong
- Helpb to produce new red blood cells
- Healthy brain and nervous system
- Improves your heart health
- Lowers insulin level
- Greatf hair
Health benefits of mushroom
- Mushrooms may help keep you young
- Mushrooms can protect your brain as you age
- Mushrooms may boost your memory
- Mushrooms can help your heart health
- Mushrooms can assist in strengthening your bones
- Mushrooms will help give you energy
Palak mushroom gravy
- Cleaned and chopped mushroom
- A bunch of palak cleaned and washed
- 3 onions finely chopped lengthwise, inch ginger and 4-5 garlic, grated coconut
- 3 tomatoes chopped
For masala paste
- In a kadai add 2 tsp oil add onion and saute till transparent
- Add a tsp of fennel and khus khus
- Add black stone flower or kalpasi and a clove
- Add peeled garlic
- Add peeled and chopped ginger
- Add 2 red chilly and saute everything well
- Add tomatoes saute till mushy
- Add a tbsp chilly powder and mix
- Once the masala smell goes off cool down completely.
- Add it to the mixie jar grind to paste without adding water.
- Ground masala paste is ready.
- Add 2 tsp oil to a kadai
- Add few curry leaves
- Add ground masala paste saute for 2 mins
- Add chopped palak leaves saute in masala.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Next add chopped mushroom and saute in masala.
- Cover and cook both palak leaves and mushroom leaves some water.
- Mix everything well and allow to cook for few mins.
- Add little water in mixie jar, rinse and add it to the gravy.
- Adjust consistency accordingly. Boil till thickens and switch off.
- Serve with chapathi, naan, paratha etc.