Mutton pepper ghee roast my favorite recipe for sambhar saadham or rasam saadham. This mutton pepper roast also goes with plain roti, dhosa etc. I have added freshly ground masalas to this recipe which gives nice flavor and taste. I cooked 1 kg meat in open vessel till it got cooked and then added to the masala. You can also pressure cook the meat for 4-5 whistles. If you want the recipe to gravy add little water and cook for gravy. What I did is added mutton stock water in the masala and cooked into thick gravy and then added cooked mutton so that it becomes dry while roasting. You should keep in low flame and keep on stirring till the wetness got evaporated.
Share my recipe [ess_post]
Mutton pepper roast | mutton chukka
- 1 Kg mutton Flesh pieces cooked
- 4 Onion / வெங்காயம் Cut lengthwise
- 1 tomato Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Pepper corns
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds / சீரகம்
- 3-4 Red chilly / சிவப்பு மிளகாய்
- 1 Big garlic / பூண்டு 10-12 garlic cloves
- 1 Inch Ginger / இஞ்சி
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ghee / நெய்
- Few Curry leaves and coriander leaves
- In a pan add oil
- Add 4 big lengthwise chopped onion
- Add ghee and saute till onion becomes brown color.
- Add 1 tbsp pepper corns
- Saute well in ghee
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Add 3-4 red chilly
- Saute everything well
- Cool down completely. Add to a mixie jar.
- Grind to a smooth paste
- Add ginger and garlic to mixie jar
- Ground finely
- In a pan add 2 tsp ghee
- Add ground masala paste
- Add ginger and garlic paste saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add 1 chopped tomatoes add salt and cook the tomatoes well
- Add 1 kg cooked meat flesh pieces added with turmeric.
- Add 1 tsp pepper powder for more spciness.
- Mix till all the masalas combine. Keep in low flame and keep on stirring.
- Once the gravy becomes dry garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves and serve.