சுவையான கேரளா ஸ்டைல் அவியல் – Authentic Kerala dish – Aviyal recipe
Aviyal is a unique traditional dish of kerala (South India) and no kerala feast (sadya) is complete without aviyal – mixed veg curry. It is famous for its special flavors and it is a thick mixture of different vegetables, curd and coconut, seasoned with coconut oil, mustard, urad dal and curry leaves. It is one of the favorite dishes of almost all keralites and not only keralites everyone love to have the aviyal . In Kerala, it is an important side dish for any wedding among hindus or an important dish for Traditional Kerala Feast on any ocassion like Onam festival etc. You must try this delicious Kerala Avial Recipe which is a traditional dish of the Kerala Cuisine that is made with a combination of root vegetables along with ash gourd, drumstick and coconut. The recipe is healthy and quick to make at home even you can have this aviayal while you are on diet.
Today I have made Avial recipe using carrots, beans, cucumber, potato, raw banana and drumsticks. You can also use ash gourd, bottle gourd, yam etc. This aviyal came out very good with the ground coconut paste with green chilly and cumin and tempering with coconut oil enhances the flavor of this recipe. People also add more curry leaves which also enhances the flavor of the recipe.
Onam Sadya recipes
#Aviyal, #onamsadya, #onamsadhya, #keralacuisine, #keralafamous, #kashmirtoKanyakumari,
#keralaAviyal,#southindiancuisine, #keralafood, #southindianfood, #aviyal, #kerala, #meals, #aviyals, #foodblogger ,#chennaiblogger
- Mixed vegetables chopped carrots, beans, fresh cucumber, Peeled and cubed potatoes, raw banana and drumsticks
- 1 cup Grated coconuts
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 Green Chilly / பச்சை மிளகாய்
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- few Curry Leaves / கறிவேப்பிலை
- Hing a pinch
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil
- 150 ml Curd / தயிர்
- Keep all ingredients ready. Lengthwise chopped carrots, beans, fresh cucumber, Peeled and cubed potatoes, raw banana and drumsticks. You can pick vegetables of your choice.
- For preparing masala, 1 cup grated coconuts, 1 tsp cumin, 2 green chilly, For tempering 1 tsp mustard, urad dal, few curry leaves and hing
- About 150 ml thick curd, whisk well
- In a pan first add vegetables raw banana, potatoes and drumsticks, Each vegetable takes different time to cook
- Add a glass of water and cook. do not over cook vegetables.
- Meanwhile let us make a masala paste with coconuts, cumin and green chilly
- Grind in a mixie jar to smooth paste add little water if required
- Open the lid and add carrots, beans cook for 2-3 mins.
- Finally add the chopped cucumber, you can also add veggies like ash gourd, yam, bottle gourd etc.
- Add required salt and mix well.
- Now let us add the ground masala paste, Add little water and mix well.
- After adding masala cook for 2 mins and not more than that.
- Let us temper, in a tadka pan add 2-3 tsp coconut oil, it gives nice taste and flavor, Add mustard and urad dal, When it starts splutter add hing, Add curry leaves and switch off.
- After switching off after a min or two let us add the whisk curd and mix, Do not add curd when its hot or when the stove is on, Curd gets curdled, mix gently and add the temperings.
- Coconut oil enhances the taste and flavor of Avial.
- Avial - kerala style mixed veg curry is ready to serve.
- It can be served with steamed rice with spicy kara kuzhambu or sambhar or rasam.