Egg tikka masala prepared with cooked egg, onions and red bell pepper. All the ingredients are marinated with the special tikka masala which is home made. In this recipe I have used hung curd which makes the tikka masala super tasty and thick. If you do not have thick curd you can make it by straining excess water from the curd by pouring it in strainer and leave it for minimum of one hour. You can also strain by hanging the curd in a kitchen cloth. Along with the curd we add grated ginger garlic, turmeric, chilly powder, coriander powder, lemon etc.
I prepared egg tikka masala for the first time and it came out very well. And it tasted exactly like restaurant tikka or tandoor masala. Usually we have tasted paneer tikka, mushroom tikka but this egg tikka is something unique recipe in my blog. And also red bell pepper used in this recipe is rich in vitamin C, the best vegetable which is good for boosting your immunity during this corono virus outbreak.
Try this recipe with Vegetables of your choice and enjoy with your family.
Egg tikka masala
- Break three eggs in a vessel.
- Add a pinch of salt for taste.
- Add turmeric powder to get rid off raw smell.
- Give a quick mix till bind well.
- Pour it in a deep container to steam it.
- Place it inside a steamer and steam for 15 mins.
- Steam exactly for 15 mins to get a nice cooked and thick egg.
- Now transfer the cooked egg into a cutter.
- Cut the cooked egg into blocks like paneer.
- Check the thickness. It looks like paneer.
- Dice onion into same size and shape like egg blocks.
- Dice red bell pepper in the same size and shape like egg blocks.
- Take curd and pour into a strainer and rest it for an hour. Pour the excess water and use the thick curd.
- Take the curd in a big bowl let us make tikka masala.
- Add a tsp of grated ginger and garlic.
- Add turmeric powder and a tbsp of chilly powder.
- Add a tsp of coriander powder and a tsp of lemon juice.
- Add salt for taste.
- Mix well
- Bind everything well without any lumps.
- Now add egg diced vegetables and mix well.
- Mix well till bind.
- Now marinate for an hour or refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Take a grill stick or vada making steel stick.
- Arrange veg and egg in a pattern u like.
- I arranged one onion one capsicum and one egg.
- Arrange tightly because the veg shrinks after cooking.
- Now our tikka is ready to fry.
- Place on a hot tawa seasoned with oil
- Fry on all sides till golden brown. Add oil when needed.
- Our tikka is ready serve with lemon or pudina chutney.
- Mint chutney goes well but I served with lemon.
- Try this egg tikka masala and post me feedback.