Egg Bejo recipe – from the burmese cuisine. It is a popular street food served all over India nowadays. Egg bejo is a spicy, tangy and tasty recipe. It is served as a snacks or a starter. The main ingredients being the egg with fried onions, fried garlic, red chilly flakes along with lemon juice, tamarind juice and salt water. Egg bejo is garnished with finely chopped coriander leaves. When all the ingredients is ready it can be served in a minute.
Egg Bejo | Burmese Egg Bejo | Atho Egg Masala | Egg Bejo Burmese Style Street Food
- Hard boiled egg 5
- Salt 1/2 tsp diluted in 2 tsp water
- 1/2 Lemon juice diluted in 2 tsp water
- 1 Onion thinly lengthwise chopped
- 5 Red chilly
- 6-7 Sliced Garlic
- A pinch tamarind diluted in 2 tsp water
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Oil to fry
- Thinly slice onions into lengthwise, Peel garlic and slice them. Soak a pinch tamarind in 2-3 tsp water and make juice from it discard the pulp. Add 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl add 2-3 tsp water and dilute it. Squeeze half a lemon juice in a bowl and add 2-3 tsp water mix well and keep aside. Boil 5-6 eggs in water for 10 mins. While boiling add 1/2 tsp of salt so that the shell can be easily removed after cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai, then keep in low flame add onions and fry till golden brown. When the onions turn brown and crisp drain excess oil and transfer to a plate. In the same Kadai add sliced garlic and fry till light brown drain excess oil and Transfer to a plate. Fry the red chillies and transfer to plate.
- Once chillies are cooled down crush in mortar and pestle. Similarly you can crush fried onions and the garlic also. After the egg is cooked well cool and remove the shell gently.
- Carefully cut/slit eggs, do not cut till the end. Fill the egg with fried onion, garlics. Then add the crushed chilly. Add few drops of lemon juice. Add few drops of tamarind juice. Add few drops of salt water. Lastly Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.