Murungai keerai Poricha Kuzhambu
Drumsticks leaves is good for overall health it has iron, protien, calcium and other amino acids. drumsticks leaves also has vitamin C in larger amounts and also it has potassium which controls blood pressure. drumsticks leaves must be included in your regular diet in the form of poriyal or kuzhambu or sambhar or can be used in dosai or Adai. In this video I will be showing you how to prepare drumsticks leaves poricha kuzhambu to be served with rice. Please do try and post your feedback.
- Drumstick leaves 2 hand full
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 big onion thinly sliced/ roughly chopped
- 4-5 red chilly
- kalpasi / black stone flower
- grated coconut 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- cumin seeds
- 1/4 th tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 2 glass of water
- required salt
- First let us make a masala paste for this Poricha kuzhambu. In a pan add 2 tsp oil, Add 1 tsp fennel seeds, Add 1 big onion thinly sliced/ roughly chopped, Add 4-5 red chilly, Add kalpasi / black stone flower, Add grated coconut 2 tbsp fry all the ingredients in low flame till nice brown color. Switch off and cool down completely and grind to fine paste.
- In a pot add 1 tsp oil, Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and cumin seeds saute well.Add the prepared masala paste and saute well in oil for 2 mins. Add 1/4 th tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp red chilly powder and mix well.
- Add 2 glass of water and allow to boil well. Meanwhile clean the drumsticks leaves and use only the leaves and discard the stem. After the kuzhambu is boiling well add the cleaned drumsticks leaves and switch off immediately. The heat in the pot is enough to cook the leaves. Do not overcook the leaves as it leads to loss its nutrients.
- After a resting time of half an hour serve this murungai keerai poricha kuzhambu with steamed rice. This is a very best immunity booster and also gives a nice relief from cold and cough.