Mutton Nalli Kuzhambu
அருமையான மட்டன் நல்லி எலும்பு குழம்புChetinad Mutton nalli kuzhambu is very spicy and flavorful. Its a delicacy and bone marrow is very flavorful and high in fat. Its really good for boosting immunity. Mutton Nalli is also called as “Mutton Bone marrow” in English It contains a great source of omega 3 fatty acid which has essential for efficient brain functioning.In this kuzhambu we make freshly ground masalas and cooked along with the nalli/bone marrow which gives nice taste to the kuzhambu. As we cook for long time the content in the bone maroow is mixed into the kuzhambu well and tastes very yummy.
For making masala paste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper corns
- 200g shallots
- 5 red chilly
- 1 tsp chilly powder
For making kuzhambu
- 1 kg mutton with bones nalli
- 2-3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 green chilly
- few curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- Required water
- chopped coriander leaves
- Clean wash mutton with plain water, drain water and keep aside. Peel shallots for making masala paste. Keep all ingredients ready for making masala paste.
- In a clay pot add 2 tsp sesame oil add 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp pepper corns, Add peeled and chopped shallots 20-25 or 200g. Saute well in oil add 5-6 red chilly and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp of red chilly powder and saute in oil, this gives nice taste and color to the kuzhambu. Saute everything well till nice brown color. Switch off and cool down the mixture. Transfer to mixie jar and grind to smooth paste and keep aside.
- Lets start making kuzhambu. Keep a pressure cooker on the stove add 2-3 tsp sesame oil add green chilly and few curry leaves, Add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste. If you don't have ginger garlic paste add the 5-6 garlic and 1/2 inch ginger while making masala paste.
- After sautéing the ginger garlic paste lets addd 4 medium sized tomatoes lengthwise chopped to the cooker and saute till mushy. Add 1 tsp salt for the kuzhambu. The tomatoes should become as paste then lets add the prepared masala paste and saute in oil for 2 mins.
- Next lets add the cleaned mutton pieces with the bone marrow to the cooker and give a quick mix. Let the mutton pieces leaves water, cover and cook for 2 mins.
- After 2 mins lets add water to the kuzhambu adjust water according to your wish. If you need thick kuzhambu add less water. Check for salt and spice adjust accordingly. Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 4-5 whistles in medium flame.
- When the bone marrow gets cooked along with the kuzhambu it gets nice flavor and taste. Its a delicacy and bone marrow is very flavorful and high in fat. Its really good for boosting immunity. Mutton Nalli is also called as “Mutton Bone marrow” in English It contains a great source of omega 3 fatty acid which has essential for efficient brain functioning.
- After the pressure subsides open and check whether the mutton pieces are cooked well if not, switch on the stove and boil in low flame for some more time without closing the lid. Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice. Not only rice it suits idly, dosa, chapathi etc.
Check other mutton recipes
Mutton keema momos with spicy momos chutney
ஆட்டுக்கால் பாயா | Lamb leg gravy for parotta, idiyappam, aapam
Madurai Special Bun Parotta recipe in Tamil | Madurai famous street food Bun parotta - With Tips
கறி உப்புக்கண்டம் - mutton uppukandam by Poornima Senthilkumar
செட்டிநாடு தலைக்கறி குழம்பு - mutton thalakari kuzhambu | Bakrid and Ramzan special recipes
Chettinad Mutton liver gravy - with freshly ground masalas
Mutton kuzhambu | without coconut for 6 people
Aatu Kaal Kuzhambu - Village Style Ramzan special Lamb leg gravy
மட்டன் சால்னா - Chettinadu Madurai Style Mutton Salna recipe in Tamil | Excellent Side dish Parotta
அருமையான மட்டன் நல்லி எலும்பு குழம்பு | Chettinad Mutton Nalli kuzhambu in Tamil | Bakrid recipes
சிக்கன் மட்டன் கரண்டி ஆம்லெட் - Chicken mutton karandi omlette
மதுரை கறி தோசை | Madurai famous Kari dosai recipe in Tamil | Bakrid recipes | konar kadai kari dosai
Aatukaal paaya recipe in Tamil | Lamb leg paya | mutton paya recipe in Tamil | Bakrid special paya
Bakrid Recipes | White Mutton Biriyani recipe in Tamil | Kids special spiceless mutton pulao
Madurai special kari dosa | keema dosa recipe