Onion paratha – Spicy and tasty parathas was extremely very good with tomato sauce. The main reason I did this paratha is onion reduces LDL (bad cholestrol). And onions completely regulates blood sugar so it is diabetic friendly. Nowadays all the diseases are interlinked for instance thyroid ->Insulin Resistance ->Type 2 Diabetes. And one more thyroid ->over weight -> cardiovascular diseases. So weight loss regulates all your imbalance hormones and so you will get reduced from disease.
As our ancestors believe food is medicine, we should know the benefits of what we eat and cut down the junk foods. Eating shallots in empty stomach with buttermilk reduces weight. This is what our ancestors do in eating leftover rice with buttermilk with the shallots ( popular pazhaya saadham), and they was without any disease till their last breath. Instead of having tablets to cure the diseases, eating food as medicine to cure the diseases is the best option.
Share my recipe :
10 Magical Benefits of Raw Onions
- Raw onion is known to lower the production of LDL (bad cholesterol) and keep your heart healthy.
- The vitamin C (which remains intact while they are in the raw form) along with the phytochemicals present in onions helps build immunity.
- Quercetin, a powerful compound found in onions, has been suggested to play a role in preventing cancer, especially stomach and colorectal cancers.
- Chromium, also present in this root vegetable, may help regulate blood sugar.
- A mixture of onion juice and honey (which helps make it less pungent) is said to be effective as a cure for fever, common cold, allergies, etc.
- Keep a small piece of onion under the nostrils and inhale, to stop or slow down a nose bleed.
- Folate in onions also helps with depression and aids sleep and appetite.
- The vitamin C helps formation of collagen that is responsible for skin and hair health.
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of onions have been proven. One study also suggested that freshly chopped raw onions have these anti-bacterial properties, not chopped onion which has been allowed to sit for a day or two.
- Chewing raw onions improve our oral health (though your breath may stink). They help eliminate bacteria that can lead to tooth decay and gum issues