Ganesh Chaturthi also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi is one of the most important Hindu festivals celebrated throughout India with a great devotion. This day is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha or vinayagar, the elephant-headed son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Lord Ganesh is the symbol of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune.
My hand drawn painting portraiting Lord Ganesha
Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated on Shukla Chaturthi of the Hindu month of Bhadra (generally falls between August and September). This festival is celebrated by Hindus with a great enthusiasm. People bring idols of Lord Ganesh to their homes and do worship. The duration of this festival varies from 1 day to 11 days, depending on the place and tradition. On the last day of the festival the idols are taken out in a colorful and musical procession and immersed traditionally in water.
As per Hindu mythology Lord Ganesh is considered as “Vigana Harta” (one who removes obstacles). This festival is very important for students, they worship Lord Ganesh to illumine their minds.
Check all recipes of vinayagar chathurthi @my blog. This post I have organised all the recipes of my channel for Ganesh chathurthi.
1. Kozhukattai with coconut and jaggery for all ocassions.
2. Wheat almond laddoo s healthy ladoo for whole family
3. Arisi maavu urundai
4. Ellu mittai or sesame balls healthy iron and calcium rich
5. Kara amini kozhukattai / spicy amini kozhukattai
6. Sweet amini kozhukattai
7. Pooranam kozhukattai
8. Coconut suiyam / Thenga susiyam
9. Pachapayiru payasam / Green gram dal payasam
10. Rice kheer / Arisi payasam
11. Karamani Rajma vadai healthy vada recipe
12. Iron protein and fibre rich laddoo with black Urad dal, green gram dal and red rice
13. Nei appam / sweet for all the occasion
14. Easy paal kova or instant milk kova
15. Rava laddoo / sooji laddoo
16. Sweet somas or Karanji recipe